About Phoenix FC
Club History Towards the end of the 1940's, the Dublin diocese recognised that forcing residents from what was now Navan Road parish to attend mass across the Phoenix Park in Chapelizod was an unnecessary hardship. Permission was given to establish a new parish and, in the absence of their own parish church, parishioners attended mass in St.Vincents. A plot of ground on the main Dublin-Navan road was sold to the Dublin diocese by the Dominican sisters at a cost of £500 for the purposes of building a new Church and school. Until the work was completed, the lands were rented to local football teams. The church was ultimately completed in 1952 at an estimated cost of £65,000. Football In The Community The development of the church and school buildings attracted more families to the parish. By the early 1960s, new housing developments s
- OUR SHOP
No content at present
- LATEST NEWS
Club Shop Opening FANTASTIC NEWS....Our Club Shophas had a major facelift and is opening this week with Tea Coffe...
18 April 2014
10 April 2014
Under 13 Major's Through to Jimmy Flood Cup Final Robbie and Keith's Under 13 Majors came through a nail biting night in Scribblestown to go...
Dramatic Night for the 1st Team ends in 3-4 Defeat The 1st Team took the initiative with an early goal through Dean Mason in their clash with St Pat...
9 April 2014